Back in 2019 I started a page with a list of all the little things I do on my pages. One of the things I have a problem with is that I don't finish something, and then I don't share it, and then nobody benefits. I'm wanting to share more partial projects. So I shared that page, even though it wasn't finished.

Since then I've added sections about

  • coloring controls to match the diagrams
  • state machines
  • linkable sections
  • arrows in svg, canvas, and outside the container
  • two column layout
  • backwards compatibility
  • removing build steps
  • adding build steps
  • markup languages
  • topic-based vs time-based projects
  • pre-rendering
  • meta tags for social media
  • support for printing

https://www.redblobgames.com/making-of/little-things/

The page is uneven, with some sections being detailed and others being simple links to other pages I've written, but I am hoping it's useful for people writing explanations on the web. More importantly, I'm building it as a reference for myself. I'm adding code snippets there too, so that the next time I need a draggable svg, I can go to that page and grab the code, and also read about the gotchas that I might've forgotten to check.

Labels:

0 comments: