Upgrading my PRNG for procedural generation #

For a long time now I've been using a very simple Park-Miller LCG random number generator for my procedural generation projects. This is in part because back in the Flash days, Michael Baczynski's "polygonal.de" library was popular, and it had an implementation of Park-Miller. When I switched to Haxe, I used his Haxe data structures library. And then when I switched to Javascript, I used the Javascript port of polygonal's library, and then I wrote my own. I love how simple the core algorithm is.

However I know that it's not a great random number generator.

The original Flash version and the Javascript port both point to Robin Whittle's page about this algorithm, which explained that 16807 was the original multiplier used in this random number generator, but that "47271 or 69621" would be better. I ended up making my own code that used 47271. But I noticed today that the Wikipedia page says 48271 is better, so I'm wondering if 47271 is a typo. So I looked at the paper and indeed, 48271 and 69621 are listed. Not 47271. So for years now I've been using a multiplier based on a typo.