It’s actually very interesting in The Sims how the pronouns change all the time. I’m sitting there playing the game and I’m talking about, "Oh, first I’m going to get a job, then I’m going to do this, then I’m going to do that." And then you know when the character starts disobeying me, all of a sudden I shift and say "Oh, Why won’t he do that?" or "What’s he doing now?" And so at some point it’s me kind of inhabiting this little person, and I’m thinking, "It’s me, I’m going to get a job and I’m going to do x, y, and z." But then when he starts rebelling, it’s he. And so then I kind of jump out of him, and now it’s me vs. him. You know what I’m saying?

— from Celia Pearce’s interview with Will Wright

Labels:

1 comment:

Anonymous wrote at May 02, 2005 12:46 PM

A comment for the previous post.
Replying to the previous post wasn't possible both in IE and Firefox. Maybe because of the Java Applet.
Anyhow:
There's one little and minor bug - the horizontal lines right to to right of the map as well as the vertical lines to the bottom of it are acceptable by the program as edges of the road.
That's it. Pretty cool thing you've got there..
bigorilla